HLTAID004 – PROVIDE FIRST AID IN AN EDUCATION AND CARE SETTING
5 HOURS (Face-to-face) + PRE-LEARNING/QUIZZES ONLINE)
Alibi Training Head Office / Training Facility
8 Dennis Road, Springwood QLD 4123
Call us today: 0423 597 744
Face-to-face Course duration is reflective of group sizes. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced, the opposite may occur with large group numbers.
Time taken to complete “Pre-Learning/Quizzes” is dependent on your previous knowledge and learning ability.
Once registration and payment is received using online booking calendar, a new user and registration confirmation email will be sent to you. You will now have access to your Pre-Learning via the following link – www.alibitraining.com.au
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. This unit of competency (HLTAID004) applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to response to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
As of November 2015, to successfully complete this unit of competency, the following performance evidence is mandatory:
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on a child resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Entry Requirements & Course Pre-requisites:
There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) skills to successfully complete the required theory & practical assessment process.
This program has the following foundation skills identified:
- Oral Communication – in order to make an accurate verbal report of the incident.
- Written Communication – in order to make an accurate written report of the incident
All participants are required to complete “Pre-Learning” prior to attending their class. This course includes Pre-Learning (11 lessons/Quizzes), which must be COMPLETED ONLINE before you attend our 5 hour practical session.
Once registration and payment is received using “Online Booking Calendar”, a new user and registration confirmation email will be sent to you. You will now have access to your Pre-Learning via the following link – www.alibitraining.com.au
Public Course Duration:
In accordance with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting, has Nationally-Agreed-Hours set at 20 hours, Alibi Training Australia regularly delivers this course within 5 hours, based on the following:
- FAST-TRACK First Aid has a ‘pre-learning’ component completed prior to face-to-face training, providing underpinning knowledge of first aid knowledge, including additional asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies in detail.
- Many candidates must update CPR annually (Industry Requirements) and therefore only require refresher training, additionally in accordance with Australian Resuscitation guidelines First Aid qualifications should be re-certified every 3 years, therefore refresher training is required
- Alibi Training has enough training resources for all candidates to deliver performance evidence without sharing training resources (E.g. Manikins).
- Our purpose-built training rooms offer natural lighting, air-conditioning and comfortable seating, creating an optimum learning environment.
- Alibi Training limits the number of class sizes to ensure individual candidates receive the expected training and achieve learning outcomes.
- Although breaks are scheduled into the training, when they are taken and the length is dependent on the clients attending the course.
How to enrol:
There are two (2) simple methods to enrol with Alibi Training:
- Book & Pay via the website using the online calendar
- Phone Alibi Training on 0423 597 744
Additional information is available by downloading the following documents from our website or phoning 0423 597744.:
- A Statement of Attainment in HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in and education and care setting (Inc HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Your statement (certificate) will be available following your scheduled class (Conditions apply)
TESTIMONIAL – “Our presenter was knowledgeable, informative and has exceptional presentation skills. Paul kept us engaged and alert and learning without seeming to, turning a potentially dull and boring necessity into an enjoyable experience. The Brisbane North Netball Region will most assuredly use Alibi Training for any future courses because of their professionalism, personality and price!”