HLTAID003 – PROVIDE FIRST AID
5 HOURS (Face-to-face) + PRE-LEARNING & QUIZZES ONLINE
Alibi Training Head Office / Training Facility
8 Dennis Road, Springwood QLD 4123
Phone: 0423 597 744
This HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (FAST-TRACK) course is a very popular choice for returning clients as well as clients who have previously completed First Aid Training and need to re-certify their qualifications. . The course includes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), principles of first aid for the workplace first aider, plus many other topics including bleeding, broken bones, choking, administering an Epipen (Anaphylaxis) and asthma medication. Due to the fast paced nature of this delivery mode, it does not suit everybody’s learning style, therefore if you have not completed a first aid course before you may wish to look at our standard (Full Day) Provide First Aid Course.
This unit of competency (HLTAID003) applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. If you work in a CHILD CARE environment or an education/care setting this may not be the correct course for you.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities. This ‘Unit of Competency’ is NATIONALLY RECOGNISED.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
As of November 2015, to successfully complete this unit of competency, the following performance evidence is mandatory:
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
How to Enrol:
There are two (2) simple methods to enrol with Alibi Training:
- Book & Pay via the website using the online calendar
- Phone Alibi Training on 0423 597 744
Additional information is available by downloading the following documents from our website or phoning 0423 597 744:
Entry Requirements & Course Pre-requisites:
There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) skills to successfully complete the required theory & practical assessment process.
This program has the following foundation skills identified:
- Oral Communication – in order to make an accurate verbal report to supervisor and emergency services.
All participants are required to complete “Pre-Learning” theory prior to attending their class. This course includes Pre-Learning (11 lessons/Quizzes), which must be COMPLETED ONLINE before you attend our 5 hour practical session.
Once registration and payment is received using “Online Booking Calendar”, a new user and registration confirmation email will be sent to you. You will now have access to your Pre-Learning via the following link – www.alibitraining.com.au
Public Course Duration:
In accordance with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, has Nationally-Agreed-Hours set at 18 hours, Alibi Training Australia regularly delivers this “FAST-TRACK” course within 5 hours, based on the following:
- FAST-TRACK First Aid has a ‘Pre-Learning’ component completed prior to face-to-face training, providing underpinning knowledge, reducing face-to-face time.
- Although breaks are scheduled into the training, when they are taken and the length is dependent on the clients attending the course.
- Many candidates must update CPR annually (Industry Requirements) and therefore only require refresher training, additionally in accordance with Australian Resuscitation guidelines First Aid qualifications should be re-certified every 3 years, therefore refresher training is required
- Alibi Training has enough training resources for all candidates to deliver performance evidence without sharing training resources.
- Our purpose-built training rooms offer natural lighting, air-conditioning and comfortable seating, creating an optimum learning environment.
- Alibi Training limits the number of class sizes to ensure individual candidates receive the expected training and achieve learning outcomes.
- A Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Including HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Your statement (certificate) will be available following your scheduled class (Conditions apply)
Please note: This course was formerly known as Senior First Aid and Level 2 First Aid, including Level 1 and CPR
- Assessing the scene of an incident
- Conducting primary assessment of the casualty
- Providing basic life support (CPR) for adult, child and infant
- Management of external and internal bleeding
- Management of shock & wounds
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal burns and other burns
- Management of poisons, bites and stings
- Management of medical emergencies
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures