HLTAID003 – PROVIDE FIRST AID
(Full Day Course – includes CPR)
We regularly deliver this course in places like Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast, Redlands, Browns Plains
Alibi Training Head Office / Training Facility
8 Dennis Road, Springwood QLD 4123
Phone: 0423 597 744
TESTIMONIAL – “Thank-you for such wonderful training and heaps of fun. I feel confident I could make some difference to a life threatening situation by skills I have learnt and adopted from your practical and ‘MacGwyver” techniques.”
Janice R. Holistic Hawaiian Massage Therapist
We provide one (1) day First Aid Training Courses (HLTAID003 Perform First Aid) where you will learn to recognise signs, symptoms and learn the appropriate actions to qualify as a workplace First Aider or Senior First Aid Officer in a interactive, simple and fun environment. I’ll introduce you to the standard methods of First Aid treatment with an added BONUS. You’ll discover, my style of first aid training is to teach WHY we perform an action instead of just HOW. Our style of training will actually provide you with confidence through having understanding rather than just knowing how to perform an action. It will allow you think outside-the-box!
You’ll Discover What You Need To Know to apply First Aid & CPR, so that you are confident in any situation!
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. This unit of competency (HLTAID003) applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities. This ‘Unit of Competency’ is NATIONALLY RECOGNISED.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
As of November 2015, to successfully complete this unit of competency, the following performance evidence is mandatory:
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) skills to successfully complete the required theory & practical assessment process.
This program has the following foundation skills identified:
- Oral Communication – in order to make an accurate verbal report to supervisor and emergency services.
Public Course Duration:
In accordance with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), HLTAID001 Provide CPR, has Nationally-Agreed-Hours set at 18 hours, Alibi Training Australia regularly delivers this course over one day (8 Hours), based on the following:
- Many candidates must update CPR annually (Industry Requirements) and therefore only require refresher training, additionally in accordance with Australian Resuscitation guidelines First Aid qualifications should be re-certified every 3 years, therefore refresher training is required
- Alibi Training has enough training resources for all candidates to deliver performance evidence without sharing training resources.
- Our purpose-built training rooms offer natural lighting, air-conditioning and comfortable seating, creating an optimum learning environment.
- Alibi Training limits the number of class sizes to ensure individual candidates receive the expected training and achieve learning outcomes.
- Although breaks are scheduled into the training, when they are taken and the length is dependent on the clients attending the course.
How to enrol:
There are two (2) simple methods to enrol with Alibi Training:
- Book & Pay via the website using the online calendar
- Phone Alibi Training on 0423 597 744
Additional information is available by downloading the following documents from our website or phoning 0423 597744.:
- Assessing the scene of an incident
- Conducting primary assessment of the casualty
- Providing basic life support (CPR) for adult, child and infant
- Management of external and internal bleeding
- Management of shock & wounds
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal burns and other burns
- Management of poisons, bites and stings
- Management of medical emergencies
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
And that’s just the beginning, all our First Aid training courses includes the two-hour CPR training and unlike other training providers, we limited the number of students for each class which means plenty of hands-on practice and personalised attention.
Tell us your location and the number of participants, and we will provide you with a written quote to deliver this course in-house
- For on-site training minimum numbers / cost apply
- Cost provided is inclusive of all resources / materials and GST
- All conference facilities, equipment, travel, food and accommodation are the financial responsibility of the client
- Course start and finish times are flexible for in-house training – just ask!
Assessment Method & Award Issued:
Participants who satisfactory demonstrate competency in both our theory and practical assessments will receive a Statement of Attainment – ‘Provide First Aid – Unit Code HLTAID003’, that is normally valid for three (3) years in line with ARC guidelines. This course relates to the Health Training Package.
To book this course for in-house training CONTACT US
- Phone: 0423 597 744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org