First Aid Kit Contents
First Aid Kit Comtents
A nicely stocked first aid kit is an important thing to keep handy. To be prepared for emergencies, You should keep a first aid kit at home and in your car so you are prepared for an emergency. Take a first aid kit with you on vacation or holidays. Make sure you know the location of first aid kits where you work. First aid kits come in a variety shapes and sizes. Alibi Training Australia offers first aid kits for sale at all of our classes. Your local Rx store may sell them, also.
You can always make your own, however it will probably cost more because you’ll have to buy full boxes or containers of the supplies. Some first aid kits are made for specific activities, such as camping, hiking, or boating. Whether you make your own first aid kit or you buy one you’ll want to make sure it has all the supplies you may need. In addition to the items on this checklist you should include personal items like medications and emergency phone numbers. Check your first kit once every six months. Check that the flashlight works. Check the expiration dates on medications and ointments. Replace any items that are nearly gone or past their expiration date. A first aid kit for a group of four people should contain the following items and quantities:
- First aid Training booklet
- 2 triangular bandages
- Oral digital thermometer
- 5 sterile gauze pads (10 x 10 cm)
- 1 roller bandage (7.6 cm wide)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (10 cm wide)
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 blanket (space blanket)
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (9.14 meters x 2.5 cm)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (7.6 x 7.6 cm)
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (13 x 23 cm)
Print the list of first aid kit supplies and check off each item that has been put into your first aid kit.
Contact us about purchasing a properly stocked first aid kit.