First Aid Training FAQ
1. Are your First Aid/ CPR courses the same as other providers like St. John’s and Red Cross?
Yes, our courses are Nationally Recognised and have exactly the same learning outcomes as other providers. For example our Senior First Aid Course content is the same as any other accredited first aid provider.
2. Does your First Aid course include CPR?
Yes CPR is part of the First Aid competency.
3. Can I renew just my CPR qualification?
You can complete the CPR component only (if required) by attending the first session of our First Aid course.
4. How long does the course go for?
Our ‘Senior first aid’ course goes for 8 hours (known as “Apply First Aid”) Our CPR course goes for 2 hours.
5. What time does the course commence?
Our courses commence at 8:30am and finish at approximately 4:30pm.
6. What do I need to bring to my course?
Bring along a note pad and pen if you wish, otherwise all other training materials, manuals (if applicable) etc are provided.
7. What will I wear for my training?
We recommend loose comfortable clothing as some practical work is required on the floor, CPR & Role play etc.
8. English is my second language, can I bring an interpreter?
Yes. You can bring along a friend, family member or a qualified interpreter to attend the training with you free of charge. However if the interpreter would like to gain the same qualification the same fee will apply.
9. What age do I need to be to do a first aid course?
Age is no limit to learning to save a life, however some courses have recommended ages, for example, senior first aid is 14 years of age. Participants who attend a course under the age of 18 will need a guardian to sign a consent form.
10. Do I get a certificate/Statement?
Yes, all participants receive a colour A4 Certificate/Statement on successful completion.
11. Is there a free parking space?
Yes, free parking is available at all our Training Centres.
12. Are there first aid products for sale?
Yes, we have a range of first aid kits, books and safety equipment available for sale on the training days.
13. Can I pay for the course on the day?
Yes payment is required on the day of training, and prior to any Certificate/Statement being issued; however for corporate groups we can arrange invoicing, where payment is required prior to course commencing.
14. Are there a variety of payment methods?
Yes, you can pay by cash or cheque on the day of training. We do not offer credit card or EFTPOS methods of payment.
15. How quickly will I get my certificate/Statement?
If you have returned a completed enrolment form prior to the day of training and completed all requirements we can provide your certificate/Statement at the end of your course. Ohterwise your Certificate/Statement will be posted to you normally within 5 to 10 working days from completion of your course.