HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR TRAINING)
This course is available for onsite training anywhere in Brisbane, Springwood, Logan, Gold Coast, Redlands, Browns Plains, Hemmant
Alibi Training Head Office / Training Facility
8 Dennis Road, Springwood QLD 4123
Call us Today: 0423 597 744
CPR training is for everyone! We should all know how to save a life. This CPR Training Course (HLTAID001 – Provide CPR), applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Specific licensing / regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities. This ‘Unit of Competency’ is NATIONALLY RECOGNISED.
This course is also a requirement for electrician’s to maintain licensing compliance and compulsory with a Electrical License Renewal application.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
As of November 2015, to successfully complete this unit of competency, the following performance evidence is mandatory:
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- the candidate must perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Public Course Duration:
In accordance with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), HLTAID001 Provide CPR, has Nationally-Agreed-Hours set at 4 hours, Alibi Training Australia regularly delivers this course within a 2 hour period, based on the following:
- Although breaks are scheduled into the training, when they are taken and the length is dependent on the clients attending the course.
- Many candidates must update annually (Industry Requirements) and therefore only require refresher training.
- Alibi Training has enough training resources for all candidates to deliver performance evidence without sharing training resources.
- Our purpose-built training rooms offer natural lighting, air-conditioning and comfortable seating, creating an optimum learning environment.
- Alibi Training limits the number of class sizes to ensure individual candidates receive the expected training and achieve learning outcomes.
How to Enrol:
There are two (2) simple methods to enrol with Alibi Training:
- Book & Pay via the website using the online calendar
- Phone Alibi Training on 0423 597 744
Additional information is available by downloading the following documents from our website or phoning 0423 597744.:
Public Course Locations & Cost:
Our public CPR Courses take place throughout the year in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan. Most courses are scheduled for delivery at Alibi Training Head Office – 8 Dennis Road, Springwood QLD 4123
- $60.00 / person for Public Course delivered at SPRINGWOOD.
- Day, Evening & Weekend Classes Available
(See our Training Schedule / Book Online)
For On-site Training:
Tell us your location and the number of participants, and we will provide you with a written quote to deliver this course in-house.
- For on-site training minimum numbers / cost apply
- Cost provided is inclusive of all resources / materials and GST
- All conference facilities, equipment, travel, food and accommodation are the financial responsibility of the client
- Course start and finish times are flexible for in-house training – just ask!
To book this course for in-house training CONTACT US or Call us Today – 0423 597 744
What will you learn?
- Identify hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Minimise immediate risk to health and safety of self, casualty and others by isolating any hazard(s)
- Approach the casualty in a calm, culturally aware, sensitive and respectful manner
- Assess vital signs of casualty
- Recognise the need for CPR
- Perform CPR in line with ARC Guidelines
- Seek assistance from others and/or ambulance support as appropriate
- Request ambulance support or appropriate medical assistance and/or ambulance support using available means of communication
- Accurately convey details of casualty’s condition and CPR procedures performed to emergency services/relieving personnel
- Calmly provide information to reassure casualty, adopting a communication style to match the casualty’s level of consciousness
- Provide reports, where applicable, in a timely manner, presenting all relevant facts relating to performing CPR according to established procedures
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) skills to successfully complete the required theory & practical assessment process.
- Participants must be over 14 years of age or have written parental/guardian consent to attend.
Assessment Method & Award Issued:
Participants who satisfactory demonstrate competency in both our theory and practical assessments will receive a Statement of Attainment – ‘Perform CPR – Unit Code HLTAID001’, that is normally valid for one (1) year in line with ARC guidelines. This course relates to the Health Training Package.